Monday, August 6, 2012

What a weekend!

I believe this weekend was a record number for Morgan and her adventures.  She stayed home with me on Friday because I was off from work.  I thought this will be great to spend some extra time together.  Little did I know the fun she had in store for me. 

Friday started out well.  She was in a great mood so I guess that I was obeying all the rules in Morganland (I have a few of her rules figured out but not many).  Everything changed when I decided to take a shower.  While in the shower (and her sister was suppose to be watching her), Morgan who loves her nails painted decided to get her favorite nail polish.  I can only assume that since her toes and fingers had chipped painted on them that she wanted to fix it.  She apparently couldn't open the polish so she shattered the bottle (have I mentioned how determined she is).  I still can't figure out how she broke the bottle but boy did she.  Once the bottle was open she was able to pour the polish all over the ottoman and carpet. 
I guess she thought the living room needed more color.  Needless to say, the ottoman is ruined.  However, I am happy to report that hairspray took the polish out of the carpet. 

I stupidly thought the adventures were out of the way by Friday afternoon.  I should have known better.  On Friday evening, we were at a friend's house.  Our friend's daughter is best friends with my oldest.  Maggie and Hannah love to play with American Girl dolls and Hannah has all kinds of doll accessories including an American Girl jeep.  The jeep is pretty and pink and fairly large since it is for 18 inches dolls. Hannah's jeep must have looked like a lot of fun to Morgan.  I was in their living room relaxing and watching the Olympics.  Suddenly, we hear a loud boom, boom, boom.  My heart immediately went into my throat as I knew it was Morgan.  Then we hear her scream.  The jeep looked like so much fun she decided to take it for a spin DOWN THE STAIRS!  Thank God, she was okay.  I'm still in shock that we didn't visit the ER on Friday night.  All she would say was "my cheek hurts - that jeep hurt me". 

Friday wore me out.  I just wanted a quiet Saturday.  Nope, Morgan didn't have plans for that.  She decided that it would be fun to drink her detangler.  Not sure how that could taste good but it does have a nice smell.  We speed dial Poison Control for the 5th or 6th time in her short life to make sure we don't have to get her stomach pumped.  Another close call. 

She gave us a break on Sunday other than a few normal testimonies of how she rules the world and she was going to see her Nana.  I am hoping for a quiet week but am sure Morgan has other ideas. 

Trying to be like her sister with Maggie's glasses on

1 comment: